Title: Divergent (Divergent trilogy)
Author: Veronica Roth
Release date: May 03, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Genres: Science Fiction / Young Adult / Dystopian
Summary (from Goodreads):
Beatrice “Tris” Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth’s dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth’s young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.
THIS IS AWESOME. JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!!!
OMG. And so I heard a lot of good things about Divergent here in goodreads so when I saw it in a bookstore, I didn’t think twice and instantly bought it but I wasn’t able to read it at once because I’m still in the middle of reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, so I had to finish it before I start Divergent.
At first, I was bored, of course I didn’t know anything about the factions, which are Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, Candor and Erudite. So I continued reading and got hooked. I was able to read like 35 chapters in one night, from 11pm to 5am in the morning. Yes, I skipped school because I wasn’t able to sleep and wake up but it was worth it. I really couldn’t keep the book down, at 2am I was like “Uh, okay, I have to sleep and wake up at 7am so I put the book down but all I think of is what happens next, what’s Tris’s decision and Four, all about Four. He’s so mysterious (blush) LOL so I go back to reading and reached chapter thirty five at dawn and that’s when I was stricken by tired eyes.
So you ask me, was it any good? What do I like about Divergent? Are you kidding me? That’s the wrong question, dude. It must be, what do I LOVE about it! And it is so good, it is one of the best, I must say. Veronica Roth has given me a new place where I wanted to be, a new character which I wanted to play on my own, and a decision that makes me think of what I would choose myself. She’s a genius! No wonder this book is one of the best-sellers!
So what do I love about it? Here:
1. Tris. Being a badass and a very fierce yet delicate girl. She’s so cool. She’s my kind of heroine, the kind that could go and save herself from danger.
2. The choosing of faction. I know it’d be very hard. If it’s real I would have difficulties in choosing too, but of course, while I was reading I was thinking of being Erudite, for they are smart or Dauntless, because I want to experience the things that Tris had experience. I want to jump off a train, I want to beat someone up, I want to learn how to shoot a gun, I just want to be brave. So yeah, Dauntless it is!
3. Christina and Will. Cool people. True friends. I love how they became in love and a couple but I felt sorry for Will’s ugly fate. My heart broke, actually, when I read. It could be another Dauntless soldier, someone not close to Tris. I was very sad at that part.
4. Tris’ mom. She’s very nice. I see my mom in her, really. She’s thoughtful and she loves Tris and Caleb so much. I hope she lived though 😦
5. Of course, Four. He’s just so mysterious and good. He handles the training well and it’s kinda cute how he observes Tris. He’s very straightforward and in my mind, he looks really handsome, as in really really really handsome.
So I can’t wait to read Insurgent. I feel bad, knowing that it’d be published by next year but okay, I’ll wait. I don’t have a choice, do I? I can’t wait to read what’s next. About the war, about Tris and Four and Caleb being factionless now, about Tris and Four’s relationship, I can’t wait. I wish the book will be published within 6 months LOL but nonetheless I would wait for it. Read it guys, it’s so good, you’ll be hooked! Ciao!